Re: deb package documentation

On Mon, Oct 23, 2000 at 11:42:05AM -0700, Stephen nyc wrote:
> I'm actually looking for the installation and
> configuration documentation in the package ipmasq.deb.
> I want to have it read and noted before I even try to
> install debian and set it up.

i've had occasion to wish i could've read the package documents
BEFORE downloading and installing, as well. afaict, debian.org
doesn't accomodate that.

to see the package documents, check out
http://www.they.com/doc/ipmasq/
where you'll find the stuff that goes into /usr/share/doc/ipmasq/*.

to scratch the surface, try
http://www.linuxhelp.org/perl/faqs.pl?query=ipmasq

using man2html anyone can provide a browseable version of their
manpage library, and some have already done so -- including
http://www.linuxcentral.com/ -> click 'linux man pages' near
the bottom on the left.

or check out http://ipmasq.cjb.net/ for more on the concept
and its implementation.