Re: network config

On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 08:12:33PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:
> yup dhcp sucks, for potato configure your interfaces in
> /etc/network/interfaces
> something like this:
> iface eth0 inet static
>         address
>         netmask
>         network
>         broadcast
>         gateway
> your addresses will obviously be different.

    Hmm. I just looked in /etc/init.d, and there's a network script that sets
up the loopback connection:

#! /bin/sh
ifconfig lo
route add -net

    I see an entry in /etc/network/interfaces for this but it's commented out.
So, if it's supposed to be done in /etc/network/interfaces, what's this
network script for?

Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX
PGP Public Key: http://www.storm.ca/~msoulier/personal.html