Re: network config

On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 11:26:42PM -0400, Michael P. Soulier wrote:
>     Ok, Rogers' dhcp servers suck, and I'm tired of it. I just manually set up
> my ip and routing table with ifconfig and route. So, if I want this done on
> every boot instead of dhcp, where is the appropriate place to put the commands
> in debian? Add a script to /etc/init.d?

yup dhcp sucks, for potato configure your interfaces in
/etc/network/interfaces

something like this:

iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.0.1
        netmask 255.255.255.0
        network 192.168.0.0
        broadcast 192.168.0.255
        gateway 192.168.0.10

your addresses will obviously be different.

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/