Re: more problems with X

"Kent" == Kent West <westk@acu.edu> writes:

>> Brandt Dusthimer wrote:
>>> Bob Edwards wrote:

>>> (2) I have a Microsoft Natural keyboard, and the number pad on the
>>> far right of the keyboard does not work;
>>

> It sounds like you don't have the correct keyboard setting in your
> /etc/XF86Config file. Not using the MS Natural Kbd, I don't know
> what's needed to fix it.

I do have a MS Natural kbd.  Here is the section from my XF86Config:

Section "Keyboard"
   Protocol        "Standard"
   XkbRules        "xfree86"
   XkbModel        "microsoft"
   XkbLayout       "us"
   XkbOptions      "ctrl:nocaps"
EndSection

IIRC, one of the options in XF86Setup on the keyboard tab was
"Microsoft Natural". ;)

>>> (3) linux automatically starts the xserver, and I can't get to a
>>> console to check out my xf86config file to see what the is the
>>> problem.

To get to any of 6 virtual terminal consoles, use Ctrl-Alt-F[1-6] when
in X; Alt-7 goes back to X (under normal circumstances).

=wl

--
Albert ``Willy'' Lee, Emacs user, game programmer
"They call me CRAZY - just because I DARE to DREAM of a RACE of