more problems with X

Greetings !

After help from a lot of folks on this list, I have a good news-bad news
situation. The good news is that x is now running.

The bad news:

(1) when x fires up, I only have what appears to be the upper left 25 %
of the screen;

(2) I have a Microsoft Natural keyboard, and the number pad on the far
right of the keyboard does not work;

(3) linux automatically starts the xserver, and I can't get to a console
to check out my xf86config file to see what the is the problem.

I will be most appreciative of any guidance. Please point me to a HOW-TO
or something that can give me some guidance.

Regards,

Bob Edwards
redwards@arkansas.net
Fayetteville, Arkansas