Re: changing file attribute colors

	Subject: Re: changing file attribute colors
	Date: Thu, Oct 19, 2000 at 05:02:31PM -0500

Quoting will trillich(will@serensoft.com):
> On Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 09:12:26PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
> >
> > 	Subject: Re: changing file attribute colors
> > 	Date: Mon, Oct 16, 2000 at 06:10:25PM -0500
--<snip>--

> i just discovered that mine is a bit off, too:
>
> 	% dircolors
> 	setenv LS_COLORS ''
>
> now THAT's helpful!
>
> but my 'ls' shows colors just fine. very odd!
>
> some of this may have a LOT to do with improperly-set TERM
> variables, which i'm investigating (and not discovering

Sorry for the delay, my monitor died last night!  :-(
But this new 17" monitor is Great!!

Have you looked at your .dircolors file?  Do you have one?
(dircolors --print-database > .dircolors)

I never had a problem with ls showing colors, Will.  I have a problem
with the 'Blink' option not working when I tell it to have a
non-existent symlink blink red!  I have had that set up since 94-95
IIRC, in Slackware and SuSe.  I no longer have any Slink systems
around but I thought it worked there as well.

No worries tho, I was able to get it to do Red on White and that will
have to do, for now.  If I find time I will go get the source and see
what is umm.. messed up.

Man, why did I wait so long to get a big monitor?  I am spoiled now!!

Wayne
--
If you put garbage in a computer nothing comes out but garbage.  But
this garbage, having passed through a very expensive machine, is