Re: Arghh.... glibconfig.h

Stil have the same problem?

Once upon a time, I heard John Travis say

> Okay, I am not able to compile a few things I want back after a new install.
> They all crap out at glibconfig.h (which is provided by libglib1.2-dev, which
> I do have installed).  The file is located in
> /usr/lib/glib/include/glibconfig.h.  But I get errors like...
>

> gcc -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I.. -Wall -g -O2 -Wall -g -O2
> -Wp,-MD,.deps/alarm.pp -c  -fPIC -DPIC alarm.c -o alarm.lo
> In file included from /usr/include/xmms/plugin.h:27,
>                  from alarm.c:41:
> /usr/include/glib.h:66: glibconfig.h: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [alarm.lo] Error 1

What I can conclude from your text above is

gcc needs -I/usr/lib/glib/include which should be a result of
`glib-config --cflags`. I don't know why the makefile generated by
configures script does not do that for you, might be a bug upstream.

> What am I missing?  Okay, so glib.h includes glibconfig.h at line 66.  So why
> can't it find it?  If I try to cheat and symlink glibconfig.h into
> /usr/include I get an error about how only absolute run-paths are allowed (I
> know this isn't a real solution I was just curious as to how far it would
> get).  Any pointers/hints would be greatly appreciated :-).

It's not in include path as you can see.

Chanop
--
| May Debian be with you ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ chanop@debian.org|