Re: Multiple binary packages

Roger Leigh <rl117@york.ac.uk> wrote:
>I have debianised a few packages over the last few months using the
>excellent New Maintaingers Guide. However, now I would like to produce two
>packages from a single source tree. I have looked at some debianised
>source that does this, and the Packaging Manual, but I have not found the
>info I need.
>
>I am not doing what most of these packages do--splitting the program and
>docs. I want to package two diferent builds of the same program (configure
>run twice with different options).
>
>Could anyone recommend a suitable pacakge as an example for doing this or
>give some pointers to the relevent docs? (I am really confused as to what
>to put in debian/rules for this).

[debian-mentors is really a better place to ask these kinds of
questions.]

Try one of the libraries that are built with debugging support:
libglib1.2-dbg looks like a good choice. Note that you can also use
DH_OPTIONS to avoid having to use -plibfoo-dbg all over the place; see
e.g. /usr/share/debhelper/dh_make/debianm/rules or
/usr/doc/debhelper/examples/rules.multi2, but be careful that it can
occasionally be confusing.