Re: Prints only PostScript files

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 12:14:43AM -0700, Dwight Johnson wrote:
> I am able to print PostScript files with:
>
> $ lpr file.ps
>
> to my PostScript printer on my Debian 2.2 system.
>
> But I am unable to print plaintext files with:
>
> $ lpr file.txt

    I had that happen with printtool when I was still running RedHat. The
problem was that the filter was adding newlines when it was not necessary. I
just deselected a checkbox on printtool. Interestingly enough, I haven't had
that problem with Debian and magicfilter.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX