Re: My emails are vanishing...

:: serge delorme writes:

> I have an odd problem with my emails. I have a dialup
> connection, I get my mail via fetchmail and for what I can see
> it's working OK. Mutt is my mail reader and I also have GKrellM
> running on the desktop (bear with me).
> If I have more than 100 emails gkrellm stops the count at 100, Mutt only
> diplays 100 even if I have 143 messages (for him I only have 100).
> Sometimes after reading the first 100 and deleting them I can get the rest
> if I restart mutt, other times they are lost...

> ????

Are you using exim? It has a limit on the maximum number of messages
per smtp connection.

Check your /etc/exim.conf file for a line like

smtp_accept_queue_per_connection = 100

I remember I had the same problem, and the fix was to set a larger
value there.

J.

--
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil