Re: Network printer

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 08:46:52AM -0500, Timothy C. Phan wrote:

>   Can a Linux box controls a network printer?  Please email me the
>   solution.  Thanks!

Are you talking about a Host with a printer who should be reachable
over the network or do you mean a printer with a built-in NIC?
I have got an Oki 12i/n which has a 10-BaseT and actually it was
really easy to install.
apt-getted magicfilter, told it the IP, chose ps600 as the filter and
the printer worked fine using "lpr file"
An other interesting way of printing with this printer is the fact
that is offers a FTP-server which means you can 'put' files there :)
HTH,
Phil