Re: Apt-getable CD-ROMs

Jesse Goerz wrote:
> 1.  I'm trying to create backup CD's that I can scan into my
> sources.list file just like the distribution set does.  Does anyone
> know or have a source of information for this?

	You would use apt-cdrom for this.  That designates the CDROMS as
removable media to apt to avoid the "File not found" errors you
mentioned below.
	For the actual creation of the CDROMs, I recommend using the Pseudo
Image Kit to create ISO images for burning.  Or purchase the CDs from
some online vendor.

> 2.  [snipped]  Any suggestions?
> 3.  I was using the old deb file:/cdrom pathToDebs/ in my sources.list [...]

	If you've got the space (just shy of 2 GB), what I've done is created
ISO images with the Pseudo Image Kit and mounted the ISOs through FS
loopback.

Relevant lines from /etc/fstab:
/usr/local/src/binary-i386-1_NONUS.iso /mnt/debian1 iso9660
loop,defaults,ro 2 2
/usr/local/src/binary-i386-2.iso /mnt/debian2 iso9660 loop,defaults,ro 2
2
/usr/local/src/binary-i386-3.iso /mnt/debian2 iso9660 loop,defaults,ro 2
2

Relevant lines from /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb file:/mnt/debian1 potato main contrib
deb file:/mnt/debian1 potato/non-US main contrib
deb file:/mnt/debian2 potato main contrib
deb file:/mnt/debian2 potato/non-US main contrib
deb file:/mnt/debian3 potato main contrib
deb file:/mnt/debian3 potato/non-US main contrib

	If you're in a networked environment, you can use the machine you've
got the ISOs mounted on as an FTP/NFS source for network installs, too.
Zehr cool.