Re: Apt-getable CD-ROMs

On Tue, 17 Oct 2000, you wrote:
> Jesse Goerz wrote:
> > 1.  I'm trying to create backup CD's that I can scan into my
> > sources.list file just like the distribution set does.  Does anyone
> > know or have a source of information for this?
>
> 	You would use apt-cdrom for this.  That designates the CDROMS as
> removable media to apt to avoid the "File not found" errors you
> mentioned below.

Cool, I didn't realize they were using a program to do that.  Thanks.

> 	For the actual creation of the CDROMs, I recommend using the Pseudo
> Image Kit to create ISO images for burning.  Or purchase the CDs from
> some online vendor.

I guess I should've written that question better.  What I really want to do is
create "custom" CD's with the programs I use which aren't available with
the Debian official CD's.  (I reinstall a lot because of all the messing around
I do.)  Are you saying I can use the Pseudo Image Kit to create my own ISO
images or are you just suggesting that for burning the official Debian CD's.

--
Got freedom?
http://www.debian.org