Re: Install Debian on a PS/2 9557 with 486 & integral SCSI controller?

> I am considering buying a set of Debian installation CDs to install on
> my PS/2 with a 486 SLC CPU, and an integral SCSI controller on the
> motherboard.  The bus is MCA, of course. I have a 540 MB SCSI hard
> drive, and a 4X Sony, SCSI CD-ROM.
>
> With this equipment, is it likely that a Debian install will work?

I have an 8595 and a 9595, both of which have ran Debian.
The 9595 ended up dying (no fault of Debian) and the 8595
will again be running Linux as soon as I can get a transceiver
for it's NIC.  Everything worked great right out of the box.
The installation found the SCSI card and all five SCSI drives
the first time, with no help from me.

YMMV, but I don't think you'll have any problems with it.

-jg

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis     <jlgaddis@blueriver.net>