Re: HP 4L

Sie schrieben:
> Hello.
Hello!

> I've tried to make my HP Laserjet 4L to work for two nights now, and I am in
I've no personal experience with that printer, but we'll see.
> need for some help. The problem is: gs prints ps-files so that only one
> fourth (top-left corner) of ps is actually printed (fitted on one sheet).
> I've checked ps's with ghostview, and they are shown just like they should
> be. I've tried with many of gs's Laserjet drivers, with same result. Command
> I've used: gs -q -sDEVICE=ljet4 -sOutputFile=/dev/lp0 test.ps HOWTO points
Why don't you use a printer filter like magicfilter?

||/ Name              Version           Description
+++-=================-=================-==================================================
ii  magicfilter       1.2-39            automatic printer filter.

/etc/magicfilter/ljet4l-filter:

#! /usr/sbin/magicfilter
#
# Magic filter setup file for 300 DPI LaserJet 4 series without PostScript
# (i.e. LJ 4L)
#
# This file has been automatically adapted to your system.
#

# PostScript
0       %!              filter  /usr/bin/gs  -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -r300
-sDEVICE=ljet4 -sOutputFile=- - -c quit
0       \004%!          filter  /usr/bin/gs  -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -r300
-sDEVICE=ljet4 -sOutputFile=- - -c quit

# PDF
0       %PDF            fpipe   /usr/bin/gs  -q -dSAFER -dNOPAUSE -r300
-sDEVICE=ljet4 -sOutputFile=- $FILE -c quit

[...]

> out this problem, but tells that I should tweak driver's source. Is this
> really the only way? And what about ifhp, could I use it instead of gs? With
> it I've been able to print text files perfectly, but from ps's only couple
> of lines containing postscript commands prints out.
> Thanks in advance.

Normally this filter should work well - no need to tweak drivers, I hope

A nice resource for printing related questions is

http://www.linuxprinting.org

HTH

MH
--