Re: make monitor power-saving blank -HOW?

If you want it to go into the low-power "green" mode (light turns
amber) you can run:

/usr/bin/setterm -powersave on

This works in a VC.  For X you need to put the following in your
XF86Config:

    Option "power_saver"  # enable VESA DPMS

--
Bob Nielsen, N7XY                          nielsen@oz.net
Bainbridge Island, WA                      http://www.oz.net/~nielsen