Re: exim help needed

On Sun, Oct 15, 2000 at 04:22:50PM -0700, Krzys Majewski wrote:

> OK I've given up on sendmail. On  to exim now. Here are the features I
> want. Right now, it looks like sending mail fails silently.

> -  cron   jobs  can   send  mail  to   root,  who  forwards   them  to
> majewski@cs.ubc.ca

Did you look at /etc/aliases?

> - remote machines can't send mail to my machine (ie don't run a daemon
> on port 25)

This line should be in your exim.conf:
host_accept_relay = localhost

The deamon can run on port 25 because this setting will refuse to
accept mails from other hosts than your localhost. If you don't want
other hosts to connect to 25 in the first place, have a look at
/etc/hosts.allow and .deny

> - outgoing mail  (e.g. from Mutt) send via  localhost:6025 which is port
> forwarded to smtp.cs.ubc.ca:25.

May I ask why you want outgoing mail to be sent through port 6025?

Phil