Re: Open Office binaries - problem running on Debian

I also tried the net install option, but on potato with 2.2.17 kernel.  Got the same
error message after using the "net" option (as root)to install, and after running
"setup" as an ordinary user.

Next problem: as I tried to uninstall (as an ordinary user) the "wizard" told me I
had to exit open office before I could remove open office with the "wizard" which is
part of open office.  Huh!?

So, I did an "rm -r" of /home/mydirectory/openoffice60.

Next, I performed a "standard" setup as an ordinary user. Of course, this clutters up
the hard drive with hundreds of megabytes after making open office available to
several users, but I wanted to look at it.

At least it runs.  But I haven't found how to set the default printer -- unlike Star
Office -- so I can't print anything from open office...unless I save the document as
a text file and then print it from the command line with lpr.

Well, they said the binaries would be buggy...and unless you need a text editor that
consumes gobs of disk space and most of your ram, it looks to me as if those of us
who aren't technically competant to work on the code may want to wait a few days,
weeks, months(?)

Later,

Colin