Open Office binaries - problem running on Debian

After reading about the new Star Office 6 (now known as Open Office) on
Linux Today, I decided to download the binaries to see how it looked. My
main reason for doing this is that they have done away with the awful
copy of the Windows desktop - although the whole package still opens all
at once, as before.

Anyway, I downloaded the tar.gz, unzipped it and ran 'setup -net' as
root, then as a regular user ran 'setup' just like with Star Office. The
second run of setup installed all the user files in my home directory.
So far so good.

I then tried running ~/openoffice60/soffice but got the following error
message:

Application ErrorAborted

I am running the latest Woody, latest upgrade last night.

Has anyone else tried it?

Cheers.

--
Phillip Deackes