Re: PHP joy at last!

After careful consideration, I decided you're right.  After all - the
package management capability is what I switched to Debian for in the
first place!

And guess what - I works just fine now! >-\

PHP4, mysql and apache are all installed and running from the .deb
packages.

Can someone now kindly tell me how to remove the files/directories
created by the apache install - there doesnn't seem to be an uninstall
script, and I don't wanna delete something I shouldn't :O)

Thanks for the perseverance, Will - it paid off in the end :-)