Re: Keyboard wierdness

On Fri, 13 Oct 2000, Gary Hennigan wrote:
> Damian Menscher <menscher@uiuc.edu> writes:
> > I have a fairly new setup: woody + 2.4.0-test9 kernel.  I had everything
> > working fine.  I wanted to move my computer, so I shut it down, carried
> > it over to new location, and turn it back on.  When it comes up into XDM
> > I discover the keyboard does nothing.  I try a second keyboard, still
> > nothing.  Rebooting shows the keyboards work fine while the system is
> > booting, but when it gets into X they stop.  Finally, I just booted into
> > single user mode, and the keyboard is fine.
>
> Just a suggestion, don't start a new thread in the group by following
> up to a message in a different thread. To anyone using a thread-aware
> newsreader, eg., gnus, mutt, VM, your post looks like it belongs to
> the thread entitled "DNS lookup looks for AAAA records.." started by
> Chris Niekel <cniekel@zonnet.nl>.
> Not only is it annoying to thread-using readers, it makes your post
> less likely to be seen by someone that may be able to help with your
> problem.
> If you *HAVE* to start a new thread by following up to an old one make
> *SURE* you delete the "References:" line!

Ahh, the things Pine does behind your back.  Not remembering the address
of the list, I replied, removed all content, etc.  Forgot about the
threading issue.  [Damian makes a mental note....]

Damian Menscher
--
--==## Grad. student & Sys. Admin. @ U. Illinois at Urbana-Champaign ##==--
--==## <menscher@uiuc.edu> www.uiuc.edu/~menscher/ Ofc:(217)333-0038 ##==--