Re: Firewall (Linux new-comer)

On Thu, 12 Oct 2000 09:07:04 +0200, Matthias Mann said:

> Hi people!
>
>  I´m sitting on a single computer. Yesterday i´ve read the firewall-HOWTO and
>  was very confused cause there are examples for a network system. Is there
>  any possibility to build a firewall or other usefull security systems for my
>  machine? I like to use netscape navigator to have fun and for my work at
>  internet. And i don´t like that others have access to my computer. Wich
>  packages of Debian 2.2 potato  should i use for this purpose? Or is there
>  some better software available of other developers?
>
>  Have a lucky day

	You can start with 'ipchains-firewall' script to generate the
initial set of rules (http://firewall.langistix.com) and also install
'gfcc' which is an easy way to modify the rules.
	For more start-up tips go to linuxsecurity.com and read
October 2000 Linux Journal firewalls article.

--
gEEk||dOOd^Deb+ian&&XFce$everything goes<Pronto>(-_-)