Re: 60 gig drive

>nate@firetrail.com wrote:
>> i'd be more concerned with the bios then linux, especially if you plan to
>> boot off the disk.

make a small /boot-partition at the beginning of the drive, so you can
put your kernel there (it should fit entirely into the 1st 1024
cylinders), and you should be off fine. Maybe you have to tell your
kernel about the disk-geometry manually, like I have with my 20some-gig:

/etc/lilo.conf:
        append="hda=49585,16,63"

but that should do it.

Actually my bios thinks of a 500meg-drive ;-) but as long as the
kernel stays in the 1st 1k cylinders, that´s no problem at all.

hth,
&rw
--
/ Robert Waldner <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> | Phone: +43 1 89933 0 Fax x533 \
\        KPNQwest/AT tech staff        | Diefenbachg. 35   A-1150 Wien /