ext2 compression on Slink

I'm wondering if anyone has a set of Debianised 'e2cfs' packages for Slink
to go along with the ext2 compression kernel patch. The version on the ex2
website (http://e2compr.memalpha.cx/e2compr/index.html) is a patched
e2fsprogs 1.18. Slink has e2fsprogs version 1.13, and version 1.18 does
not compile in slink. I'm not sure if it needs glibc 2.1 to compile or
something else. And the older 'ancilary' package supplied as a tarball
requires libc5. :/

There is a define in the e2fsprogs package that is supposed to compile
against headers included in the package instead of headers under
/usr/include, but I found out that it references files that it doesn't
include.

I'll post the error messages I get if anyone wants to take a crack at
this. I can't dist-upgrade the machine I'm trying to get this on to
Potato, because it has only a 100MB hard drive and a floppy. And I'm not
sure that a compile of libc6 from potato would work on it.