Re: apt stat problem continues

On Tue, 10 Oct 2000, William Jensen wrote:

> As reported yesterday apt-get update produces errors at the end.  Can anyone
> tell me and the other people experiencing this what the problem is and how
> we could fix it, or who we should inform if this isn't a user fixable problem.
> Apt-cache search produces the same problem.  For reference, I'm on a standard
> potato install with vim and iptables from woody.

I have never seen or heard of this prior to your posting..

Do the files it mentions exist?

It may be that you are behind some kind of horrible transparent http proxy
which is doing something strange, try using ftp instead of http, if that
works we can perhaps debug the http method and see what is up there.

Jason