Re: debian-user-digest Digest V100 #195

Has anyone out there mounted a black or white Linux
formatted sd on a Linux intel box?

I've been playing with it over the weekend. I can
access the raw drives with no problem, and I can
examine sector 0 (NeXt motorola actually has text
fields there, which makes it easy) and they look
okay.

I've built a 2.2.16 int kernel with UFS ro and all
the partition types included.

dmesg shows the intel NeXT disks as having no partitions
and the Motorala NeXT disks as having unknown partition
table formats.

I'd be interested in talking to someone who has done
this successfully.

For stage 2, I'd like to dd the whole partitioned
drive to a file and losetup it. I don't think this is possible
yet because losetup doesn't seem to handle partitioning,
ie there is no /dev/loop0p1 defined.

Then I can simply backup original images of the drives
for posterior.

Use Linux: A computer        Dale Amon, CEO/MD
is a terrible thing          Village Networking Ltd
to waste.                    Belfast, Northern Ireland