Re: ppp-configuration

On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 09:58:19AM +0200, thus spake Tor Kjemo:

> Thanks for your engagement Glyn.
>
> I think I did something wrong under the "config your network" part of
> the installation. Saw another letter on the list ( I think you are the writer)
> about  wvdialkppp. It says something about  a /etc/resolv.conf  file. I can
> not find this in my system. Any clue how to Make one?
>
> Tor Kjemo>  >

Well, you probably need this file, but it's hard to say because
you don't answer the questions I asked!

As root
#cd /etc/
#touch resolv.conf
#vim/emacs/joe/whatevertexteditoryoulike  /etc/resolv.conf       and into that
file put the DNS of your ISP (if they cannot tell you what they
are then you need a better ISP) like this

search localdomain
nameserver 195.92.195.94
nameserver 195.92.195.95

You will probably only need to change the numbers.

But to really answer the question we need to know what you are
trying to set up (wvdial or pppconfig) and what errors you are
getting.....

HTH

Glyn M

       * "The soul is greater than the hum of its parts. "  *
       *                 Douglas Hoftstatder                *