Re: ppp-configuration

Den Sun, 08 Oct 2000 skrev du:

> On Sun, Oct 08, 2000 at 08:39:22AM +0200, thus spake Tor Kjemo:
> > I  try to configure my debian-installation for ppp without any sucsess.
> > In the installation-documentation it says:
> >
> > Be sure you have the following packages installed:
> > ppp
> > ppp-pam
> > wvdial
> >
> > I can find ppp-pam anywhere. Is the docs wrong?
> > Can`t find any info on the Debian-homepage either.
>
> Tor,
>
> Relax!  From the package description of the ppp that comes with
> potato
>
> "This package contains pppd with PAM support built-in, so `ppp-pam' package
> is obsolete."
>
> So you probably have the kit you need.  Are you trying to set up
> with wvdial or with pppconfig?  What sort of errors are you
> getting?
>
> I've attached the wvdial faq to this, just in case it answers the
> need.
>
> HTH
>
> Glyn M

Thanks for your engagement Glyn.

I think I did something wrong under the "config your network" part of
the installation. Saw another letter on the list ( I think you are the writer)
about  wvdialkppp. It says something about  a /etc/resolv.conf  file. I can
not find this in my system. Any clue how to Make one?

Tor Kjemo>  >

> --
>        * "The soul is greater than the hum of its parts. "  *
>        *                 Douglas Hoftstatder                *

"You can't have everything.  Where would you put it?"
		-- Steven Wright

Tor Kjemo <tor.kjemo@telia.com>