three issues w/ my upgrade (fsck, modules, link)

Hello,

Love this distro, just rearranged my hard drive and rebuilt a buncha
stuff. Ideas or comments on these appreciated.

1) fsck during the boot sequence. I changed from a small root partition
to several partitions. Now when the machine boots, it runs fsck on the
former (and still) root partition, which passes, but the second time it
runs fsck (shortly thereafter) it tries to run fsck on both the
unmounted partitions *and* the root partition, then says "fsck failed
cuz the partition is mounted". I think my mtab and fstab are ok, but I'm
not sure what's happening here. I thought there was an option in the
secondary partition check that is supposed to make it skip over the root
partition, but it doesn't appear to be.

2) When I install and build a kernel, should /usr/include/linux/include
be a symlink to /usr/src/linux/include? cuz right now, it ain't.

3) I built all my soundblaster modules (soundlow, sound, uart401, sb)
but how to make them load automagically? modules.conf says not to edit
i'm not sure what to do. Seems like such a simple thing, but...

Thanks,
John

ps: here are the mtab and fstab:

(mtab)
/dev/hda13 / ext2 rw,errors=remount-ro 0 0
proc /proc proc rw 0 0
devpts /dev/pts devpts rw,gid=5,mode=620 0 0
/dev/hda1 /boot ext2 rw 0 0
/dev/hda5 /usr ext2 rw 0 0
/dev/hda6 /home ext2 rw 0 0
/dev/hda7 /usr/local ext2 rw 0 0
/dev/hda8 /cdimage ext2 rw 0 0
/dev/hda9 /opt ext2 rw 0 0
/dev/hda11 /tmp ext2 rw 0 0
/dev/hda12 /var ext2 rw 0 0

(fstab)
/dev/hda13	/		ext2 defaults,errors=remount-ro	0 1
/dev/hda10	none		swap sw				0 0
proc 		/proc		proc defaults			0 0
/dev/hda1	/boot		ext2 defaults			0 2
/dev/hda5	/usr		ext2 defaults			0 2
/dev/hda6	/home		ext2 defaults			0 2
/dev/hda7	/usr/local	ext2 defaults			0 2
/dev/hda8	/cdimage	ext2 defaults			0 2
/dev/hda9	/opt		ext2 defaults			0 2
/dev/hda11	/tmp		ext2 defaults			0 2
/dev/hda12	/var		ext2 defaults			0 2