Re: ISP mode connection (Sorry - Unidentified subject!)

On Thu, 5 Oct 2000 romeu@petrobras.com.br wrote:
> I'm reposting my problem, since I couldn't solve it.
> So, I'm not receiving (CONNECT) from my modem. When am I supposed to get
> it? Just after my ISP gives me a response? Or just after it accepts my
> login?

The CONNECT message comes from your modem when it determines that it is
able to talk to the other modem.

> Another thing that is happening: When I send the AT commands to my modem,
> it doesn't give me the answer immediately. It waits a few seconds (about
> 30!), to send me back OK. So, when I type pon, it delays about 90 seconds
> to dial. This does not happen under windows. The dial-up is made
> immediately. Could this be a serial port uart issue? You now, I already
> tried setserial (...) uart 16450.

Hmmm, could be an IRQ problem.  I had a modem on IRQ7 for about 6
months, then out of the blue (afaict) IRQ7 stopped working and I had
symptoms very similar to what you are reporting.  The fix was to use a
different IRQ.

later,

	Bruce