Re: base list ??

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 01:52:15PM +0100, Ted Wager (twager@btinternet.com) wrote:
> I installed my Debian linux from a 3 cdset and all was uip and running ok..
> I started with the base system and built it up gradually using dselect..

> Today I thought I would put the Linux Gazettes on so I went to dselect
> and it told me..: failed to create basetext pad ( I think basetext)
> Cannot allocate memory...Could anyone tell me if this is posoble to overcome??

Run:

    $ apt-get install <list of LGs you wish to install> 2>&1|tee apt.log

...which should save output and error messages to the file apt.log.
Please post the exact error message(s).

You may also want to run and post output of:

   $ free
   $ cat /proc/meminfo
   $ cat /proc/swaps

> I am not too bothered as I can soon reinstall..

Almost certainly unnecessary.

> Also I have a d/load of Storm Linux with te Debian rain distro on...
> 	Is it possible to install the Storm and upgrade from the Debian 2.2
> cd's ??

Yes, from what I'm told.