Re: gnome won't start now

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 11:44:54AM +0200, Joachim Trinkwitz wrote:

> Well, in *my* gnome-session package (1.2.2-1) there is a gnome-session
> file in /etc/gnome ... Maybe it helps if you try a reinstall of
> gnome-session?

    Ok, it's not where the manpage says it's supposed to be, but it's there.
Is that why gnome apparently isn't using it? It just sits there. No panel,
menus, nothing. I have to Ctrl-Alt-Backspace back to xdm.
    I could copy it manually, but I shouldn't have to according to the docs,
and common sense.

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX