Re: Mailbox directory with Mutt

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000 at 12:48:29PM +0400, Rino Mardo wrote:
> in your ~/.muttrc you have to tell mutt your mailboxes.  in my setup i have
> /var/mail/me and ~/Mail as locations for all my mailboxes and i would just
> press "c" to change mailboxes.  i'm not in my debbie box right now but if i
> remember it right it goes like this:
>
> mailboxes /var/mail/<username> ~/Mail/

    Right. And then when you're looking to change boxes, hit 'c' to change,
followed by 'Tab', and it will list everything listed under mailboxes. Note
that your spool folder is pointed to by !, and your spool directory
($HOME/Mail usually) is pointed to by =. For example, my mailboxes line is
this:

mailboxes $MAIL =oclug =mutt =debian =pm-ottawa =gnome =latex =spambox =rootbox =gimp =icewm

    ...but I could change $MAIL to !.

    Also when you hit 'c', if there is new mail in any of these, it will
present the name of the next folder with new mail to allow you to cycle
through them.

    Mike