Re: OT: Re: Qs from a newbie (help ASAP?) (long)

On Tue, Oct 03, 2000 at 07:53:02PM -0400, Wayne Topa wrote:
> How about an SWT 8080 with 16K (circa 1977) as I recall.
> Those were that days of CP/M, before Gates bought/stole it and named it dos.

unfortunately, he bought qdos instead. cp/m was superior by almost all
accounts.

and qdos stands for (sign it with me, class):

quick and dirty operating system.

also known as ms-dos, on top of which runs this thing called windows.

back then, the microcomputers had 8k of ram (the rich kids maybe)
and they couldn't get unix to fit, so they castrated here,
emasculated there, amputated this and truncated that, and came
up with qdos.

which now (sadly) owns the world, and the horse it rode in on.