Just had to share...

Well, I felt like posting this because it still baffles me and makes me laugh:
a little snippet of some distro dick wars. ;)

So as I was being dragged on board as this web server's co admin the question
of upgrades came up and I voiced that if I was going to run anything on a server
it would be Debian.

The former admin (now a grad student) is still in touch with us semi-regularly
and is very close with my co-admin and so she feels compelled to ask him stuff
quite often. So she suggested we discuss distribution changes with him because
she's a Windows girl and knows HTML, not Linux (as I said)...  Well, I wasn't
going to--the guy's a grad student and a little bit too clingy (That P75 was
his home machine)...but I like him and figured I might as well mail him since
I was sure my co-admin was doing so.

He wrote me back this rambling rah-rah-redhat e-mail saying that A) He had never
heard of Debian, B) He'd not be able to help us and C) switching to Debian would
increase our maintanence time by 5-10 hrs a week.

I kinda laughed, was annoyed, laughed some more, was annoyed, laughed some more,
discussed what I was going to say with the BF just to make sure I wasn't misrepresenting
things, and e-mailed him back saying that he was full of shit.

He very soon afterwards e-mailed me back saying "THIS LOOKS LIKE A GREAT DECISION
ON YOUR PART, ERIN."  Tail between his legs...

5-10 hrs a week.... I'm still giggling.

Erin (mmm apt-get...)