Onboard NIC problem

I have Debian Potato 2.2 with Gnome running on this PC
with an on board NIC.
The motherboard is a PR440BX with 2 Ppro CPU's w/256 MB RAM
and 2 scsi drive's I have win 2000 on /dev/sda and Debian on /dev/sdb
Debian found the onboard Scsi Controller but not the NIC or 2nd CPU
the 2nd CPU isn't important( Linux works great with one Ppro)

The Nic comes up in 2000 as intel 8255x-10/100 io=ff40-ff5f irg=24(huh)
but in modconf I can't find a driver for it or I'm missing something.

If someone could shed some light on this It would be greatly appreciated