Re: Re[1] RAM problems

> Current kernel: 2.2.17
> If I don't add the 'append' line to lilo.conf and run
> /sbin/lilo after rebooting, a cat /proc/meminfo will
> display that I have 64MB of RAM when 192MB are physically
> installed.

Hmmm, are you SURE?

Maybe you dont HAVE more that 64MB even though you THINK you do.

I have not had to add a mem line since I upgraded from 2.0 to 2.2 and it
works just fine here. That would also explain why it crashes when you try
to tell it you have more.

Get into the BIOS on boot. How much RAM does the BIOS say you have?