Re: Was my system cracked? (retry 2)

Hi,

Looks like funny thing might have happened.

Next time you install system, make sure to plug all services to the
Internet.

Edit /etc/inetd
Check /etc/init.d/*

Also, I set up packet firewall by "ipchains" plugging all ports 1-1023
and allowing only needed ones.  This way no buffer over flow attacks
reach my services.

I have at least few per month log of funny access try but all are
rejected outright.

Usually, sunrpc, linuxconf, ftp, http, netbios are targets.

Good luck.

--
+  Osamu Aoki <debian@aokiconsulting.com>, GnuPG-key: 1024D/D5DE453D  +
+   Fingerprint: 814E BD64 3288 40E7 E88E  3D92 C3F8 EA94 D5DE 453D   +