RE: Was my system cracked? (retry 2)

At first glance, this appears to be an attempt to exploit rpc.statd.

If they *DID* get in, you have no way of knowing what may or may
not have been modified.  I just dealt with a machine about two weeks
ago that had a very extensive rootkit installed.  The only way it was
noticed that the machine had been compromised was that the admin
noticed many processes named "tfn-daemon" installed, which, for the
uninitiated, is the Tribal Flood Network DDoS tools.

Reinstall your system.  It sucks, but it's a learning experience.

-jg

--
Jeremy L. Gaddis     <jlgaddis@blueriver.net>