Re: X resources (was Re: Netscape big menu)

On Wed, Sep 27, 2000 at 08:28:58AM +1100, David Fisher wrote:

> > 	For less ugly Netscape fonts and proper size scaling,
> > the best solution I've found is to install the mozilla-fonts
> > package at http://fox.mit.edu/skunk/xwin/#mozilla_fonts,
> >

> I have installed the rpm for these fonts using alien but when I try to
> configure them into Netscape in the fonts preferences they do not
> display in the list.
>
> Is there something further I need to do the enable Netscape to use them?

Could it be that the deb package produced by alien does not update the X
server's font path?

Following the advice in the README file I initially installed the fonts
in /usr/local/lib/fonts/Mozilla from the tar ball and used

xset fp+ /usr/local/lib/fonts/Mozilla:unscaled

to make them available to Netscape.  This would have to done each time X
is started so a more permanent solution would be to add the line

Fontpath "<your path to the mozilla-fonts>:unscaled"

to the "Files" section of /etc/X11/XF86Config.  If you are using xfs to
serve fonts (which I don't) then you might have to add the font path to
/etc/X11/xfs/config.

Regards,

Brian.