Re: Netscape big menu

On Fri, 22 Sep 2000 gygy@csit-sun.pub.ro wrote:

-|Hello!
-|I am a new Debian user.
-|I have a question regarding Netscape menu font.
-|I use Netscape 3.04 and the menu font is very very big. The same
-|problem appears with newer Netscape versions too (4.6, 4.74 etc.).
-|What I could do to fix this? My screen resolution is 800x600 so
-|this is somehow annoying.
-|In every other distributions, like Slackware, RH, Suse the menu
-|looks fine, only in Debian...
-|Thanks!
-|

Try this.  As root, edit your XF86Config file (usually in /etc
or /etc/X11).  Near the top of the file you should see some
"FontPath" lines.  Switch the 100dpi and 75dpi lines around
so that the 75dpi lines are before the 100dpi lines.
Then restart your X session.  If the 75dpi lines are already
before the 100dpi lines, then I'm at a loss....

---
Christopher W. Aiken, Scenery Hill, Pa, USA
chris at cwaiken dot com,   www.cwaiken.com
Preferred O/S: Debian Linux 2.2