Re: upgraded libc6 and libc6 and broke my system (Woody)

Hi, I'm in a somewhat similar situation to Bryan (below), except I
didn't upgrade.

My last woody upgrade was about a week and a half ago. Luckily, I posted
the 'Paranoid's Question' to this list yesterday (9/26 at 18:54 MDT)
just before attempting another upgrade.

The cautionary replies I received, re: libc6 upgrade, led me to hold off
hitting the ENTER key.

This morning, of course, I'm glad I waited and feel bad for those who
ran into difficulties.

I just ran:

dpkg --status libc6 libc6-dev [which returned current versions as
2.1.3-10]
dpkg --status libdb2 libdb2++ [which returned current versions as
2:2.7.7-2]
dpkg --status xlib6 xlib6g xlib6g-dev [which returned current versions
as 3.3.6-10]
dpkg --status ldso [which returned a current version of 1.9.11-9]

Then I ran

apt-get update
apt-get --simulate upgrade

And got a preview that would upgrade 51 packages, including

libc6
libc6-dev
libdb2
libdb2++
xlib6
xlib6g
xlib6g-dev

AFAICT, the following packages are _not_ installed on my system:
libc6-dbg, libc6-bin, libdb2-util

Now I'm in a holding pattern regarding woody. My question is how long
can I maintain this holding pattern before woody proceeds too far beyond
me to do a simple 'apt-get upgrade'?

Thanks for any guidance,

montefin