Tarbal --> .deb ??Re: succesor to dpkg

Is there a way to compile a source code and make a .deb from it ?
I think it would then be easier to remove an elder programme.

> No it is not a package manager to "unify" rpms and debs. It is an
> 'apt-get' LIKE tool for some Rat Hat PAY service. A previous poster was
> VERY correct: rpms are very brain dead! Only use them in an emergancy.
> It is much better to download a tarball and make it into a deb or
> install it into '/usr/local' then to try and muck around with rpms on a
> non-rpm system.

          *Linux: Because rebooting is for adding new hardware*
Ulrich Grün
  Amsterdamsestraatweg 609 BIS
    3553 EJ  UTRECHT
      030-2467141
        mail: dzjembee@dds.nl, ulrich@mavnet.dynip.com
          icq: 35629246
System: AMD-K6 350, 64. OS: RedHat 6.2, Kernel: 2.2.14