Re: Shutdown as normal user

Michael P Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca> writes:
MPS> In a shell where you're logged in as yourself, type
MPS>
MPS>     xhost +localhost
MPS>
MPS>     or
MPS>
MPS>     xhost + if you want to give global access.

You probably don't want to do this, unless you're comfortable with the
concept of any user on {your machine,the Internet} potentially spying
on and taking over your X display.  I suspect this isn't what you
really want to do, though.  Various more reasonable solutions to this
problem have been tossed around in the past; see the list archives for
details.

(IMHO, it's perfectly reasonable to not try to run graphical programs
as root in any case.  But that's me.)

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell