Re: Helix gnome on debian 2.2....

use
    >apt-get install task-helix-gnome
after you set up your sources.list file.  The install instructions at
    http://www.helixcode.com
are very good.  I installed helix-gnome from fvwm2 without a hitch (I did have to restart my potato box though) but since then I have hosed sawmill but I think that this is a seperate issue.

Rus wrote:

Hi, an introduction.. my name's Rus.. I've been using RedHat for a bit.. and now I'm making the jump to debs.. :-) Anyways... I'm just wondering if their is anything I should know about installing Helix gnome on top of Debian 2.2? I don't just want to 'upgrade what ive got'.. I'd also like all the new programs/utilities/etc. that make up the Helix install... Also would i be correct in saying that I shouldn't have gnome running while I download and install? I dunno.. I just don't want to kill of my Debian install.. whilse also being able to have the funky looking verison of gnome that my RedHat mate has!! :-) Anyways, thankyou very much for you time, Rus