Re: Exim smarthost problem

On Sat, Sep 23, 2000 at 12:29:00PM +0200, Frodo Baggins wrote:

> Hi debianers,
>
>   I'm sure the answer should be in the doc, but I couldn't find it :)
>
>   Problem is, I use two different ISP, dependig on the time of the day
> (no flat rate in france). Both of them have a smtp relay server and,
> rightly enough, each one of them refuse to relay mail for IP in the
> other one domain. So my problem is, how do I do to have exim smartly
> choose his smarthost? :)
>   The very bad thing is the do not even use the same hostname, which
> will allow using just the host name in the smarthost field and let
> gethostbyname handling the thing by adding a domain line into the
> resolv.conf files...
>
> Thanks a lot for your help

Many exim config parameters can be given as so-called 'file lookup',
giving you the ability to get the parameter value from a file, a
database or even a perl script (duh!).
If you can understand how this work (don't ask me), the rest should be
easy (but maybe you need to include a kill -HUP to force exim to reconfig
after an ISP switch-over)

P.S : How's Gandalf ? ;+)

Ciao
--