Re: Help!! I need my LS120

"Christopher W. Aiken" <cwaiken@telerama.com> writes:

> I have an external, parallel port, LS120 floppy drive (128Mb).
> When I tried MD 6.2, SuSE 6.2, MD 7.1, Caldera 2.4 flavors
> of Linux all I had to do was:
>
> modprobe paride
> modprobe epat

BTW: since, ehm - not sure, linux 2.2.15pre or so, you can specify
an 'alias paride_procotoll your_preferred_protocoll' in the
modules.conf. so you can let epat get loaded automatically, when
paride is loaded.

> modprobe pf

Hmm..shouldn't this automatically load paride? :)

[...]
> When I do this in Debian 2.2 I get an error that there
> is no device /dev/pf0.
[...]

If MAKEDEV doesn't know, how to create device 'foo', you've to
manually create it with 'mknod'. MAKEDEV is just a frontend for
mknod...

see man mknod and Documentation/paride.txt (there a sample script
for creating these special devices).

	moritz
--
/* Moritz Schulte <moritz@hp9001.fh-bielefeld.de>