Allow port 113? / IRC question

Hello

Should I allow packets coming into my port 113?

auth		113/tcp		authentication tap ident

When doing ftp and also irc, I get packets onto that port. So, should I
allow them to enter or is it unsafe to do so?

Or is the better solution to REJECT those packets explicitly?
(I currently DENY all by default.)

Bitchx / IRC doesn't seem to function without auth working properly...?
What - ports, etc. - do I need to enable for me to be able to do irc
with 'bitchx'?

I've not used bitchx before, so I'm a newbie in that respect.
Any other things I should know?

Regards
Sven
--
The best way to escape from a problem is to solve it.