Does debian install sendmail?

What mail sending app does debian use by default?  I've been using redhat and
mandrake, but am thinking about changing over to debian.

I use Linux on my home machine.  I use ppp to connect to my isp, so I like to
masquerade my address as my address on the isp.  redhat uses sendmail by
default.  That's ok because they have an m4 script that is easy to modify to
get masquerading.  How does one go about doing the same thing in debian?

Thanks.
dar

--
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus (Never Tickle a Sleeping Dragon)
  -- Hogwarts School Motto