Re: Now: BROKEN apt-get dist-upgrade. Was: yp problem.

Howdy,

have a look at /var/lig/dpkg/*.list for a list of all files that should
be installed.

I had some trouble with apt-get on my system too.  Altough certain packages
where available in the distribution (in the correct place and readable) apt-get
told me it couldn't install them. dpkg -i had no problem at all.  Very strange.

On Mon, Sep 25, 2000 at 11:31:26AM +0200, Douglas Eck wrote:
> Thanks Nico. Portmap showed as installed but there was no binary there.
> This is troubling. So I uninstalled and reinstalled the portmap package.
> NIS fixed.
>
> This is strange. I did a dist-upgrade and now seem to have a corrupt install.
> I've had to reinstall telnetd, portmap, netbase and a bunch of other
> vital packages. In each case, dselect showed them as installed but the
> relevant binaries were not anywhere on the hard drive. I've had to
> delete and reinstall them.
>
> Is there any way to generate a list that I can use to reconcile
> what dselect/apt thinks is on my system with what is *really* on
> my system?
>
> As an aside. Could there be any *worse* behavior for a package manager?
> I know I didn't just go off and delete things. At some point during
> the apt-get dist-upgrade, the old versions were deleted and new ones
> were *not* installed.

Maybe a lack of diskspace?

Nico